If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Friday, May 7, 2010

Poet's Land

To paraphrase Joan Baez, it was a happy April for this happy fool. I loved the focus and intensity of NaPoWriMo and the autumn season of poets in performance at the Madras Street Cafe. The month was drenched in poetry and I find it hard to let go. To keep the momentum going I am taking Joanna Preston's series of classes, Reading for Writing at CPIT, starting soon. Thanks to all who commented and cheered me on in April, it was such fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Marisa,
    I enjoyed following your work during NaPoWriMo and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mariana, that is very kind. I hope to post some new work soon. I have a couple of poems in Takahe 69 if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! Will check them out.

    ReplyDelete