If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Sunday, April 11, 2010

11 April 2010

I did the 'writing through' exercise Joanna Preston suggested for my poem yesterday. Today I tackled part two. The characters I created in my wee 'fairy tale' have taken on a life of their own. This is part of the woodman's story. As yet untitled. It could well go on to be part of a bigger story.


I'm found licking honey from the thorn

I woke rocking
in the vagabond's caravan
rescued from mad pursuit of the illustrious object

I have become all crepitous bone and walking shadow
with the knocking of wood peckers in my ears

a pilgrim searching for ancient fibers of her

2 comments:

  1. "all crepitus bone and walking shadow / with the knocking of woodpeckers in my ears" great images, a fine tale unfolding. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love the leap from “licking honey from the thorn” (great opening image) to waking “in the vagabond's caravan”.
    I think you're right – this could go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete