If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Monday, April 12, 2010

12 April 2010

Today, I wrote through my own poem. I wrote in response to 11 April and began to develop the other main character in my fairy tale. The working title is:

Prologue

The peridot leaf lamps of autumn
declare the journey season come.
She's ready for a hero's test
with no ambiguous fruit.

She pays a visit to wild oat fields
pressing milk from green seed heads.
Stirs straw beneath the clucky hen
grasps the warm egg.
Plucks hanging grapes with her teeth
heedless that the trellised vines
fizz with drunken bees.

She's the copper luster of summer
frosted leaf edges of winter
the translucent shell.

Across the sea I am thirty autumns,
her aphotic yolk.

2 comments:

  1. "trellised vines / fizz with drunken bees" intoxicating indeed! "I am thirty autumns, her aphotic yolk" fresh and resonant, stunning! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your poems, they are wonderfully mysterious. (I need to look up "aphotic")

    ReplyDelete