If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Thursday, April 8, 2010

9 April 2010

In addition to this little piece of nonsense (shame the word 'vorpal' has already been invented) I tidied up the sonnet.

my left ankle


Geisha hobbled
pinned and plated

my foot curls backwards
without invitation

agony of fascination

the side of my leg
where nerves are severed
aches nothingly

3 comments:

  1. "Geisha hobbled / pinned and plated" Love the strong apt beats of alliteration. Two form poems from me: a rondel (off prompt) and a sonnet (on prompt). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. foot curls backward / without invitation – oooh, yes, I can feel that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "without invitation"--immensely clever. "aches nothingly"--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete