If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Monday, April 19, 2010

19 April 2010

Garden

you hang in sleep
like poppies on the cliff face
it's always Sunday afternoon

when I sleep and it's your turn
to be awake you put ropes
of glowing filaments and
limpid soup in my dreams

and I know you're asleep again
when I pinch the fuchsia leaves and buds
out of the fresh cuttings they leap
from my hands on antelope legs
and instantly sprout large pink skirts
with purple petticoats and run to the hills

3 comments:

  1. yes your fuschias are lovely =)
    nice description

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee. Love the bright, zany tone of the last three lines. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Greg. It needs some serious editing and rewriting, but I like where it's going.

    ReplyDelete