If facing the paper, your thought is 'I am an artist', you have no clue what to do. If the concepts of your function are, 'I am a shape maker, an entertainer, an expressive symbol collector'...then you have an explicit road map. Edgar Whitney

Monday, April 5, 2010

6 April 2010

Playing House

Unlike your dolls little girl
the man you left behind doesn't come to life
when you turn out the light.

He exists in stasis.
He needs the sunshine of your presence
to reanimate fluids in his joints, his head thorax abdomen
and motivate the beating of his wings.

You will replay these events waiting for
him like a doll in the dark.

4 comments:

  1. This anthroposect fusion is a riveting thing. Am I detecting an evolving series? Love the way "like a doll in the dark" switches it off. =) Mine's up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it a lot when put myself into a poem. That and refer to myself in the second person. An attempt to make the theme universal, less self indulgent. Zooming over to your site...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning piece. You continually capture, tease, then rapture me with your prosody. This was absolutely beautiful and brilliant. I extend an aspiring poet's thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmett, you overwhelm me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete